دن میگوئل روئیز
the four agreements – don miguel ruiz’s code for lifeagreement 1
Be impeccable with your word- Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
Don’t take anything personally- Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
Don’t make assumptions- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
Always do your best- Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
You can measure the impeccability of your word by your level of self-love. How much you love yourself and how you feel about yourself are directly proportionate to the quality and integrity of your word. When you are impeccable with your word, you feel good; you feel happy and at peace. You can transcend the dream of hell just by making the agreement to be impeccable with your word. Right now I am planting that seed in your mind. Whether or not the seed grows depends upon how fertile your mind is for the seeds of love. It is up to you to make this agreement with yourself: I am impeccable with my word. Nurture this seed, and as it grows in your mind, it will generate more seeds of love to replace the seeds of fear. This first agreement will change the kind of seeds your mind is fertile for.
- “We are masters because we have the power to create and to rule our own lives”
- “You are the way you are because that is what you believe about yourself”
- “The real us is pure love; we are Life“
- “What we call education is nothing but domestication of the human being”
- “Humans pretend to be something very important, but at the same time we believe we are nothing”
- “We learn to be right and to make everyone else wrong. The need to be “right” is the result of trying to protects the image we want to project to the outside. We have to mpose our way of thinking, not just onto other humans, but even upon ourselves.”
- “Life brings you exactly what you need”
- “Happiness never comes from outside of us”
- “Your whole life is nothing but a dream. You live in a fantasy where everything you know about yourself is only true for you. Your truth is not the truth for anyone else.”
- “Love has no resistance. whatever we do is because we want to do it”
- “Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant”
- “Your reactions are the key to having a wonderful life”
- “You are responsible for the consequences of whatever you do, think, say, and feel.”
- “Life doesn’t need to be justified or judged”
- “Life is not the body; it is not the mind; it is not the sould. It is a force”
- “You are what you believe you are”
- “Forgiveness is an act of self-love”
- “You cannot be happy if you don’t love yourself”
- “You are alive because of the power of God, which is the power of Life”
- “Whatever we believe rules our existence, rules our life”
- When you love, whatever you do is because you want to do it. It becomes a pleasure, it’s like a game, and you have fun with it. When you love, you don’t expect something to happen; whatever happens is okay, and hardly anything disappoints you.